Migrating From Another Platform
From time to time, Bonsai customers find that they would like to leave platforms like Heroku or Manifold for greener pastures, but they want to keep their existing Bonsai clusters.
Fortunately, this is not only possible, but it’s also very easy.
How It Works:
- Simply sign up for an account at Bonsai.io. Make sure to add your billing information! See the documentation on that for more information.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know: A) the email address associated to your new Bonsai account, and B) the cluster(s) that you want migrated over.
- We’ll perform the migration. Your cluster URLs and all your data will remain intact. You will be billed the monthly rate once that migration is complete.
- Once we have confirmed the migration is complete, remove the Bonsai addon(s) from your Heroku/Manifold app so you’re not being billed twice!
- You can migrate the rest of your application at your convenience. Any cluster we have migrated will now belong to your Bonsai.io account, and can be managed there.
That’s it! Migrations are zero-downtime and usually only take a few minutes once someone on our support team takes the ticket.