The Bonsai cluster overview dashboard provides a series of useful metrics about your cluster and its performance. This document will cover these sections:
- Request Count: This is the total number of requests your cluster has served in the past 24 hours. If there is a-, then there is no data. Also indicated are request counts for the previous 24 hours under Yesterday, and the percentage change between the two days.
- Duration Median: This indicates your median request latency. The first number is the median response time for all requests over the past 24 hours. Also indicated are the median request latency for the previous 24 hours under Yesterday, and the percentage change between the two days. The median is an important metric because it’s more resistant to long tail effects, and gives a better picture of overall performance than averages.
- Duration 95th : This shows the 95th percentile in response times. Also indicated are request counts for the previous 24 hours under Yesterday, and the percentage change between the two days. A percentile indicates how much of the data set falls below a particular value. For example, if the p95 response time for a cluster is 100ms, that means 95% of all requests are occurring in 100ms or less. This is an important metric for benchmarking, especially with high traffic volumes.
- Docs: This is the total number of documents you have in your index. We’re counting all documents, which can sometimes lead to confusion when nested documents are involved. If you have a parent document with three child documents, that counts as four documents, not one. This can be a source of confusion, as Elasticsearch may report different counts based on the endpoint queried.
- Data: This is the disk footprint of your cluster, or the amount of data your cluster is occupying on the server.
- Shards: This is the number of shards in your cluster. We’re counting both primary and replica shards in this display.
Any time you need to contact support you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our chat feature by clicking on this icon: